We encourage you to visit this page often for news about your airport community - EIA TEAM.
EIA Team Blast: EIA SAFE WALK Program
Airport Security has the responsibility of providing a safe walk to any airport employee or tenant who request it. With respect to Public Safety a request for a safe walk can also be extended to members of the general public – such as a lone passenger wishing to have a security escort to their vehicle in the parkade.
Airport employees / tenants who require a safe walk security escort can either report to the Central Security Office or call the Central Security Office at 780 890 8207.
Upon notification of a Safe Walk escort request – Airport Security shall:
- WALK-IN Facilitate the Safe Walk as soon as they are able to do so – however – not keeping the requesting party waiting.
- PHONE CALL - Ask what time the requesting party would like the safe walk for and have them meet the security escort at the Central Office.
- SECURITY ESCORT - Will accompany the requesting party to their vehicle and will stand down once the person is safely in their vehicle.
PUBLIC SAFETY / SAFE WALK PROCEDURE
Even though members of the general or traveling public may not know that we have a Safe Walk / Security Escort Program in force – there may be an occasion where a Security Guard is approached and asked to provide an escort.
In this scenario – Airport Security personnel as a customer service initiative – shall facilitate the request as follows:
- IF APPROACHED The Security Guard will contact the on-duty Airside Team Leader and either arrange for a security escort (safe walk) and or provide the safe walk themselves.
- WALK-IN TO CENTRAL OFFICE Central Office Security Guard will contact the on-duty Airside Team Leader and arrange for a security escort (safe walk).
The Safe Walk / Security Escort Program has been in force for several years. Airport Security personnel shall accommodate all requests for a safe walk escort.
If you have any questions or feedback please contact, Jason Sangster Manager of Airport and Corporate Security at email@example.com