Work on Site or at Tenant Facilities (Villeneuve)

Safety and Environment  - We ensure that the safety and security of our customers, staff, facilities and environment is a primary concern in all aspects of doing business. Your work may require that you follow some or all components of our Environment and Safety Management program.

Activities Adjacent or On Airfield Operating Surfaces- If your work is adjacent to or on an apron, taxiway or runway, there are guidelines that must be met in order to maintain airside operational integrity as required by Transport Canada. 

 This will include a "Plan of Construction Operations" (PCO) approved by Transport Canada. Approval of the PCO is required before Edmonton Airports will approve any construction for FAPs that are airside. Contact Edmonton Airports' Manager of Operational Compliance at 780-890-8530 if in doubt whether your project needs this approval.  You may also be required to license your access to the airfield if it is outside of your lease boundary.  Contact your Real Estate Services leasing representative for more details.

Utilities - Edmonton Airports owns many of the utilities on site. In order to maintain service levels and safety at the airport, we have requirements that need to be met before tying into any of our systems. Click here for more details. We also have specific requirements when you are completing work that may impair our fire suppression system, click here for information about submitting a Notice of Impairment.

It is recommended all utility connection request forms be completed and submitted prior to FAP submission to ensure capacity is available before proceeding with detailed design.  Submit a Request for Information (RFI) form to find out what services are available on or adjacent to your site.

Deliverables - As a responsible site owner, Edmonton Airports' maintains current records of all work that occurs at the airport. All work that is approved will be required to provide record drawings and copies of approvals received from the Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Here is a list of documents we may require to be submitted for construction and maintenance projects.