Edmonton International Airport is a prime location for your air-cargo or related business. Consider all the advantages.
State-of-art services and facilities:
- Rapid customs services and bonded warehousing for international cargo.
- Runways and aprons regularly accommodate the world's largest cargo aircraft such as the AN 124.
- Expertise in moving heavy and outsized loads for the oil, gas and oil sands industries.
- EIA offers full support services, equipment and facilities to ensure efficient movement of shipments, aircraft and crew.
- 24-hour airport. Edmonton International Airport offers 24-hour access year-round with no operational or noise restrictions.
- EIA is an official Canadian airport for the entry and exit of all classes of international air traffic and has 24-hour customs.
- EIA's aviation fees, warehousing and real estate rates, handling charges, fuel costs and trucking rates are among the lowest in Canada.
- EIA is located within minutes of Nisku Industrial Park, Alberta's principal highways and two intermodal rail yards that provide inland and marine container service.
Cargo services available at EIA:
- 11 airlines
- Eight integrated couriers/freighter carriers
- Three independent cargo handlers
- More than 40 freight forwarders and customs brokers
- Six cargo-handling terminals (including 3 with coolers/freezers)
Greater Edmonton's economy is one of Canada's fastest growing and most diverse. The area is the manufacturing and logistics centre for more $100 billion in oil, gas and oil sands in the next decade. Edmonton also is a centre for growing software, pharmaceuticals, bio-medical and food processing industries.