EIA is committed to safety and security first. As more and more people are flying drones in Canada, we wanted to share the safety rules as dictated by Transport Canada. Important: you may not fly your unauthorized drone within 5.5 km of the airport.
If your drone weighs more than 250 g and up to 35 kg, Transport Canada's rules are as follows
- Fly within 90 m above the ground or lower
- You must be at least 30 m away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs between 250 g and 1 kg)
- You must be at least 75 m away from vehicles, vessels and the public (if your drone weighs more than 1 kg up to 35 kg)
- Keep away from areas where the drone could interfere with police or first responders
- Fly during the day and not in clouds
- Within your sight at all times
- Within 500 m of yourself or closer
- The drone must be clearly marked with your name, address and telephone number.
For more information please visit Transport Canada: